6 Surprising Benefits Of Going Gluten-Free
For a gluten-free Columbus, we at Bucceto’s and our owner Paul Heilbrunn have taken great care to build a varied and delicious full gluten free menu. Millions of Americans today require a gluten free diet due to allergies and intolerances, but many others don’t realize just how beneficial it can be to go gluten-free whether you require it or not. The occasional gluten-free day, or giving up gluten for good, can do the body good, and we have 6 surprising benefits of ditching gluten temporarily or as a permanent change:
- Promotes healthy weight loss – Gluten can be found in many of your favorite comfort foods, but we at Bucceto’s take care of that comfort food need with nutritious and delicious gluten-free alternatives instead. What this means is that you’re less likely to indulge in processed flours and unnecessary carbohydrates, making healthy weight loss much easier.
- Helps to boost the immune system – Many find that keeping away from gluten has a positive impact on their immune system. Rather than eating refined and processed foods containing gluten, you’ll find yourself eating more fruits, vegetables, and flours made from healthier options like rice, cauliflower, and almonds. These alternatives have natural antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to give your immune system a leg up naturally.
- Promotes digestive health – Even for those who do not have a known intolerance, gluten can make things difficult on the digestive system when eaten too frequently. By limiting your gluten intake, you may experience better digestive health in the long run.
- Increased energy levels – When compared to flours containing gluten, those without gluten are better for keeping your energy reserves all stocked up. At Bucceto’s, we use rice flour and gluten-free spaghetti to maximize the energy you get from your tasty gluten-free meal.
- Improves food awareness – All too often we don’t know what we’re really eating when we sit down to enjoy a meal. Being more conscious about your gluten intake changes all of that, and makes you naturally more food aware.
- Improves cholesterol levels – By limiting your regular gluten intake, even if you do not have an intolerance, you can improve your cholesterol levels. Typically, gluten-free will involve healthier choices and these choices are known to be easier on your body’s levels of bad cholesterol.
At Bucceto’s, we have everything you need if you plan to limit your gluten intake. With an extensive and delicious gluten free menu, there is something for everyone in the family to enjoy on any night of the week. Stop on by today and see just how tasty going gluten-free can be!