7 Unique Pizza Toppings Worth Trying
Pizza. It’s one of the most popular foods in the nation and fits into pretty much every mood or occasion. From meat lovers to classic pepperoni pizza to supreme, the simple fact is that nearly everyone loves pizza. But what if you’re one of the more adventurous pizza lovers out there? It’s worth trying some new toppings every once in a while to experience new things and potentially find your new favorite pizza.
With that in mind, here’s a quick look at some of the most unique pizza toppings out there worth trying. Take a look try one or two out – you may find a new favorite topping that becomes a mainstay when you order a pie. And best of all, we have most of them here on the Bucceto’s menu.
• Brussels Sprouts – Brussels sprouts are a great match for vegetarian focused pizza and are added to pizzas before or after being roasted.
• Shrimp – Matched up with the right additional toppings, shrimp can be a perfect fit for pizza. It’s a unique twist that isn’t for everyone, but the reality is that shrimp goes well with pizza.
• Gorgonzola – Mozzarella is the go-to for most, but gorgonzola is a great option when you want to take your pizza to unique places and give it a taste that really offers something special.
• Egg – Sounds strange, but the fact is that a fried egg is gaining popularity as a topping in everything from burgers to French fries. And an egg pairs perfectly with pizza.
• Chorizo – Pair it with bell peppers, cilantro, and jack cheese, and you have a pizza that captures the tex-mex style and blends it with pizza. Bucceto’s Cactus Delectus is a perfect example of this unique style.
• Sweet Onion Marmalade – The sweetness from onion marmalade is a great substitute for tomato sauce, and pairs great with everything from pepperoni to basil to the crust itself.
• New Potato – Want to give that pizza a unique, hearty taste that matches well with a variety of different toppings? Consider using the new potato. It offers a lot to love and can match up well with almost any type of pizza.
These are just a few examples of how you can spice up your next pizza and give it a whole new taste. Don’t be afraid to experiment, and come on down to Bucceto’s. While you’re here, be sure to take a look at our Bucceto’s menu to check out our toppings list to see what kind of new pizzas you can construct.